9.13.2007

of the beach and clothes

the other day was september 11th. a date that i couldn't wait to arrive, courtesy of david usher and the intimate acoustic performance he did at rw&co. a store, by the way, that i'd never heard of before, but when i heard about the contest, i promptly joined their mailing list and entered the contest. in a shocking turn of events (in my life at least), i won! for my trouble i received 2 passes (whoo hoo) and a $50.00 gift certificate to the store! yey me. however, after checking out the boring clothes on the walls and racks - i'm not sure what i'll spend my gift certificate on.... after spending the summer at the gym - i do need new pants though!

but more important than the clothes, obviously - was the acoustic performance itself. as always, the performance was incredible. in such a small venue with so little other instrumentation i was able to lose myself in the texture and strength of david's voice and marvel at what sounded like new keyboard arrangements on old favourites like 'push'. it really was special and i consider myself fortunate to have been there.

my pictures are really blurry (no flash allowed, please and thank you) and none of them really turned out with the exception of this one :

while going through my camera, i also found some more bad pictures i took at david's beachfest 2007 show. the guy moves so damned fast on stage that i often just end up with a blur where a person should be. this one is a little atmospheric, a little not.


No comments: