9.07.2007

a gurl needs a goal (or something)

i'm playing with the idea of switching blogs. i've set up a new one at wordpress - a new one that suspiciously has all the same content as this one. ;-) i'm not sold on the idea of moving yet. i am a creature of habit and there are some things i'm not groovin' on at the new home.

for instance - the stats tracker sucks at wordpress. if i do make the plunge, i will bring my current stats tracker with me. it rocks. and i'm still getting used to the layout differences and the fact that even though there are at least 2 dozen more templates to use - that the one i've picked locks me into the dread capital letter. oh, we should all have such problems. troubles and woe.

i whined about this in an earlier blog, but my trainer is moving to a new gym and my sessions with him are ending soon. i think i have 3 more weeks or so with him. still so sad about that. i'm happy to be on my own in the gym - but i'll miss his energy and his enthusiasm.

two days ago we've picked some new goals for me to attain before he leaves. one of them i did tonight! whoo hoo for me. i bench pressed 40lb dumbbells. who knew. when i started this whole thing on april 20, i had no clue that i'd be doing stuff like this. yey me. not only did i do 40 - but i did 13 solid reps of 40! before we started tonight, my trainer said he figured i'd be able to do 4 or 5 solid ones and to give it what i had. i sailed past 5 and kept going. so exciting. now of course, we're talking 50lbs. he thinks i should be able to do 2 or 3 reps. haha. sure - why not!

the other goal - which i have serious doubts about - is a chin-up. a full on chin-up. that's a lot of upper body strength and i'm not sure i'm there yet. we have 3 weeks to get me there. crazy. tonight i did 2 with a counter-weight of 35. that poor performance isn't going to get me to a chin-up! we'll see how it goes. i have faith though - why not. why couldn't i?

everyone should invest in multiple sessions with their own trainer. they help you to open up fitness and physical possibilities that you would never have dreamed attainable.

another goal (haha) i have for myself is to get on twitter. sounds simple, huh? damn. this thing is fighting me tooth and nail. david usher is talking about sending twitter notices (tweet, tweet, little birdie) for guerrilla-style accoustic sets that could happen anywhere, anytime. i would be most unhappy to miss that! but twitter doesn't love me right now. i've sent them an email - let's see what they can do.

big day tomorrow. boot camp, yoga and a facial. how lovely. a self-indulgent day dedicated to me!

[music : adele | "daydreamer"]

No comments: