7.14.2006

he doesn't look a thing like jesus

my kitten artemis is spending her second night at the vet's. i miss her. she was spayed this morning and my fabu vet sent me a picture of her in "recovery" immediately post-surgery. now that's a good vet! it's almost like she wanted to prove that they still had the kitten. then again, considering the fact that 2 of my three cats had to be put to sleep in that clinic.... maybe they weren't so far off the mark to send me the picture.

and in exciting 'fuck you' news - turns out that a european court has determined that the song bmg merger should not have been authorized to proceed when it did. apparently they needed to provide more information before the merge was to be green-lit. then again - perhaps the merge would of never happened.

*le sigh* and then i'd still be working at the best job in the whole freakin' world. but instead i'm working at a crappy job for crappy pay. don't think i'm not looking for something that lets me plug my brain in a bit more. don't think it for a moment. regardless, seems like good news for the peeps at warner and emi. this court finding may just delay their proposed merger (once again).

still reeling over the purchase of chum tv by bell globemedia. i was going to go snooping around for a job on the chum tv side of things. i almost think it's not worth it right now. even if i did get a job there, who wants to go through a merger again, even if it is a "friendly" takeover bid. friendly... almost makes it sound like there will be face-painters and balloon animals and lollipops.

at long last there is new the killers music out! i love the song - but am not sure about it as a first single. you can have it rampage madly through your own brain by going to their myspace or hitting their website. yey for the killers! i miss the fun brandan flowers bitchery in the media.

and to kick off a fun weekend with the downstairs neighbours - the bastard nsf'd a cheque on me. urgh. he owed me 2 months of rent on the garage he's renting from me (it came with my apartment and i don't need it, yey for me!) and he freaking bounced the cheque. adding to the fun - my bank charged me $7.00 for the pleasure. it's a good thing for him that i don't have his phone number on hand. he would of gotten a slightly pissy and fairly condescending message from me. i'll remember to play nice when i go knocking on his door looking for cash.

[music | the killers, "when you were young"]

No comments: