6.17.2006

one down, and not in a good way

yeah. so. i didn't get the job. it's still not official, coz the fuckers haven't called me yet - but i've heard through some pretty reliable sources that someone who also used to work for them has just left his current gig. i'll bet you all a million dollars that he got the job. of course he did. so now their a&r department is full of men. and entire department of guys. how lame is that? not that i have anything against men - but c'mon - a little gender diversity isn't a bad thing....

le sigh. i'm now back to wondering what that hell went wrong in my life. why can i not get the things i want? this industry really blows. what a mistake it was to get into it. and then shame on me, get BACK into it. i had my chance to leave. but now i'm kind of stuck. with no prospects other than my current dead-boring one-task a day gig. and that's worth a really big le sigh.

so. this leaves me with one big want now.


no more split focus. all energies are now on the oilers winning the stanley cup. game 6 in edmonton goes tonight at 8:00 est. i'm nervous and anxious for them. in articles they say they are calm - good for them - it's because i'm taking up all the nervious energy for them!

thought i'd post a few pictures of my trip to edmonton for game 4. enjoy, or not.

this is currently my desktop image. pretty cool.

an essential part of any game-day expeience is getting there ontime for the pre-game skate. so so exciting!

a few hours before the puck dropped, cbc was getting some footage. my dad's in this picture! and no - my dad is not don cherry.

No comments: