5.30.2005

the eyes have it

i went to my local mac cosmetics counter to have my face done.... i wanted some ideas for something new, since i felt i was in a make-up rut. anyway - so i go and have a great time this weekend.... lovely.... the artist was fun, she introduced me to blue colours for my brown eyes (i'd never used blue before, i had horrible images in my head from the 80's!) and i felt like i had the ocean on my lids.... i felt like such a gurl!

but then something horrible happened.... later that evening my contacts began to feel like i had a film on them. everything was blurry, was my house filling with smoke??? i washed off all the stuff and toddled on off to bed, eventually. the next morning, my eyes were pasted shut and so bloodshot - i looked like a scary bride of frankenstein..... so not the glamourous image of the day before! i thought i'd gotten pink-eye from the makeup... i was so upset. i stayed indoors all day with my glassy pink and runny eyes... boo... turns out though, that it wasn't pink-eye. it was just an irritation to the shadows - i guess... since i'm back to my ravishing self today... (haha)


oceanic lids! shimmermoss, jewel blue, blu noire and brill

[music | david usher, "souring"]

3 comments:

Louis said...

Wow -- great eyelashes.

jodi said...

and they're not even fake! just loaded with mascara....

Louis said...

Next time, post one with no mascara. I bet they're still great, aren't they?