8.20.2006

pages of a not-so-open book

don't ask me why, but i was inspired by an email i recieved - feel free to post the same on your own blog...

2 moments in your life you’d like to erase


1 - the time i was too afraid to go to a concert by myself. after a phone interview tori amos asked me if i'd be going to her upcoming show in toronto. i'd told her i wasn't able to afford a ticket and she said, 'what's money between friends. i'll put you on the list. i'd like to meet you.' comes the day of the show and i was throwing up all day. could of been 24-hour flu or it could of been nerves. i've regretted it ever since. it taught me to hate regret and taught me to allow myself the strength to make choices that i won't regret.
2 - the time i had to help my mom hide the easter baskets for myself and my younger brother and sister.

3 moments you'd like to re-live

1 - any moment where i was laughing to the point of tears. i love those moments.
2 - when my in grade 7 my phys. ed. teacher told me i was very graceful; as i'd lived my life believing i was clumsy and awkward.
3 - the feeling i had sitting by the sacred lake at karnak temple in luxor, egypt.


2 places you wouldn’t want to go again

1 - high school - for obvious reasons
2 - athens, greece - i got yelled at too many times for it to have been enjoyable.

3 places you can’t wait to visit/visit again

nyc - my current travel-crush
montreal - it's been so long... i miss the people and the streets and the shopping
london - to see the things i didn't care to see when i was silly and 24.

2 foods you can’t stand

meat - i'm a veggie
daal - i love indian food, but can not stand to eat daal. *shudder* it's the texture, i think.

3 foods you love

tofu and veggies in thai red curry
dishes with mushrooms and tomatos (fresh or sundried)
my mom's saskatoon pie


2 current songs that make you change the station

i don't listen to the radio anymore - there are FAR too many songs that made me want to change the station that i eventually turned it off for good.


4 current songs you play over and over

the music - david usher
when you were young - the killers
is it any wonder? - keane
lips like morphine - kill hannah

2 books you’d never finish/read again

the english patient - michael ondaatje - tried several times, but found it way to pretentious
when we were orphans - ishiguro kazuo - could not get through this one and won't try again

4 books you have read more than once

the chronicals of narnia (all volumes, several times)
neverwhere - neil gaiman (have re-read all of his novels)
eva luna - isabelle allende (loved this one so much that i read it a second time right after the first time)
dracula - bram stoker (probably partly responsible for my love of vampires and bats)

[music | muse, "starlight"]

No comments: