8.04.2005

sometimes you just gotta

i think i am officially insane. that or officially obsessed. i have a flight booked to take me to edmonton this saturday & bring me back from a wedding in saskatoon on the 14th. but the moment i booked my flight - things started happening all around it to make my travel week oh-so-undesirable.

first, my brother and sister-in-law changed their travel plans so that THEY would be out of town the week i was in to visit. i don't so much want/need to see them - but i do really want to see their adorable kids! i was really kind of pissed off about it too, since they'd insisted i needed to come before the weekend of the 13-14th. jerks. family politics suck. they even tried to convince my mom that they NEVER said the week i was coming was a good one for them. do they even know they're lying? i hate lying. :( i really hate the fact that it's coming from my brother too.... anyway.....

second, the day after i finally book my ticket - a david usher show was announced. t was for rogers cellular subscribers and me and my telus phone had no way of going to it, so there weren't too many bad feelings. but then someone amazingly thoughtful and kind emailed me and told me they had an extra ticket for me. which i couldn't use and had to refuse... :( but then today management made 30 tickets available. fuck me. and then found out that there is a new performance/interview show called etalk playlist that will be taping david on august 10th and that they're looking for audience members. after being bitter and pissy about it for a few hours, i decided to call the airline & presto-chango... for $75.00 i can now see the two david things AND spend time with my adorable niece's and nephew.

lets just hope i haven't outsmarted myself.... which is a very possible possibility!

[music | david usher, "long goodbye"]

No comments: