8.11.2005

lush indeed....

i'm fearing the dreaded summer cold.... just in time for my visit to alberta... how lovely. i'm sure i'll look smashing at the wedding all puffy-faced and swollen-eyed with a big red nose... and all this beauty before i begin drinking!

this morning i've been sneezing up a storm and my voice is all kathleen turner raspy. and yesterday in my yoga class i was fatiguing in poses that i am normally very strong in... there was one pose where my legs were shaking so much it was reminiscent of wyle e. coyote after the roadrunner made him eat earthquake pills (if you've seen it, you know exactly what i mean). the instructor even came up to me to make sure i was alright. i don't want a cold. this will suck surpreme... guess i'll know in my class this afternoon... if my body cacks out on me again it's probably official - and no amount of vitamin c will save me.

and one of the most odd things you'll hear all day... did you know that the word 'lush' (meaning very good) wasn't listed in the oxford dictionary until this edition? what? how strange.... i feel so uncouth for using unapproved language!

according to this article other words that were just added include :
potty-mouthed (how can this be)
demographic (this is insane!)
cockapoo (why does this have to exist in the first place... it's a combo between a cocker spaniel and a poodle - two of my most loathed dog breeds. def not lush!)
ruby murray (this is my personal fave... the brits use this as a slang for curry... i love the brits!)

off to swill vitamin c and some herbal tea...

[music david usher, "my way out"]

No comments: