7.13.2005

you know it's hot when....

so, not to go on and on and on and on about the freakin' heat...but man..... look how hot it is in my apartment. my poor cats haven't been social in days and pretty much the only time i get to see them is when i go pee! poor things.


nesley, the toilet and raja.... pardon the inclusion of the o-so-glam toilet brush

i stood out in my yard this afternoon to take some garden shots and just the act of standing there made me a dripping sweaty mess. urgh.

it's the kind of heat where your skin feels like it's constantly stinging and your face feels tight with the remnants of perspiration that has long since evaporated. sounds super sexy - don't it? ;-P

after yoga today i broke down and went to a movie. despite the good advice left for me in my comments. i decided that as glorious as guinness would taste, the purchase of a few hours of a/c was more beneficial at this point. i have a problem though. i have this tendency to become instantly ravenous and sleepy upon entering an air conditioned space. seems that i've been existing basically on jello, freezies, cherries, blueberries and rice and chickpeas. it's just too hot to eat anything else. so once i hit the a/c - my gods, do i ever realize how hungry i am. and the sleepy thing - well, let's just say that if i nodded off in the middle of batman begins, probably a big reason was because i'm not getting a good night's rest - but probably just as big of a reason is because i got bored when bruce returned to gotham. i know, i know - i was warned. however, i did love all the bats - i have always loved them, enough to have inked one on my body more than a decade ago (my how time flies!)

so if you're in toronto - do what you can to stay cool and stay hydrated.

[music | blondie, "atomic"]

2 comments:

Caitlin H. said...

your taste in music is quite awesome. cheers!

jodi said...

thanks! i've been lurking on your site for a while now... but i guess you probably know that already! it's probably time for me to pop my comment cherry on your blog... oh - and your taste in music rawks too....