7.20.2005

all the world's a stage...

and i'm it's freakin' tragic clown....

question time : what's a bad thing to do on a warm day?
my answer : (so many answers for this one, but what comes to mind right now is) finely dice an especially hot and juicy jalapeno pepper & let it make contact with your hands.

second question : what's a REALLY stupidly bad thing to do on a warm day....
my answer : oh, how about slice and dice that spicy little pepper without wearing gloves & slip with your sharpest knife and slice about half a centimetre into your index finger. holy fucking ouch.

so, instinctively, what's the first thing you do when you've got a gusher on your finger - well, for some bizarre reason, the first thing we do is shove that finger into our mouth (there's a little vampire in us all). normally - that's ok - i mean, even though i'm veggie, i like the irony taste of my own blood. but try mingling that with jalapeno pepper... my tongue and lips began burning. the cut on my finger was burning. it was all just burning... if the neighbour was looking in through my kitchen window she must of wondered what the hell was wrong with me as i hopped like a mexican jumping bean in front of the sink waiting for the water to get cool enough to put my firey fingers in its stream.

it's hours and hours later and i'm typing without the aid of the pointer finger on my left hand - this is taking a while... and my cut finger is burning and throbbing. damn peppers! actually all of my fingers are burning right now - the heat of the night is developing the feeling quite nicely, thank you. i want to head for the nearest indian restaurant and stick my hands in the buffet's cucumber yoghurt... but i will refrain. that's just icky.

i was making a black bean salsa for a little get together tonight.... the salsa ended up being great (if i do say so myself) the get together was nice and i do love the light of a full moon.

as i type away at this entry, i have rock star : inxs on in the background. tonight is the night someone gets kicked off the show and as part of this process the singers who get the lowest votes from the audience need to sing an inxs song. it's amazing. the house band is absolutely amazing. probably made up of some of LA's top session guys - but hearing them play inxs songs... it never ceases to amaze me that there is always that certain something that makes a band sound like a certain band. as great as these session guys are, they're not inxs.

1 comment:

Johnny Newt said...

Holy leapin' lord, tht sounds like a party !!! i always love it when I chop those damned things and accidentally rub my eyes,, yeeeeeHaaaaaw!! Hope the burning is starting to wear off. Please stop cutting off your fingers, that hurts and stuff. I actually did catch some of that show, I have to say the chic who sang the Ozzy song brings up a strange bile taste in my mouth. I really like the guy who did "Sweet Home" and the poor girl who bgot stuck with R.E.M i'm not exactly sure what it is about her but...well just let me say, my wife might have to learn to share me !!